Jr Tech Writer
Job Title: Jr. Technical Writer
Job Number: 21195
Duration of Contract: 6 Months
Overture Partners client has and upcoming opportunity for a Jr. Technical Writer to join their team. To be successful in this role the candidate must have outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Responsible for Research, plan, design, write, edit, and produce customer-facing and support documentation (user guides, installation guides, release notes) in accordance with applicable quality procedures
- Collect complete and accurate information by using the product directly, and interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Manage various documentation aspects (e.g., procedures and/or other technical content; document organization, and usability)
- Ensure that documentation properly conforms to all applicable standards/regulations
- Responsible for generating and maintaining relevant support documentation as needed
- Manage multiple documentation projects in parallel and work with various stakeholders.
- Participate actively on project teams (e.g., interacting with team members of other disciplines; attending product design demos, and reviewing project documentation as applicable)
- Negotiate and prioritize deadlines and deliverables within each project
- Drive the document production, review, and approval processes
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Minimum 2+ years technical writing experience
- Experience using MadCap Flare for single sourcing both online help and pdf in conjunction with source control software
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat
BA degree in Technical Writing, Communications, English, Journalism, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
Work location and Additional Info:
Overture Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law.