Senior Wi-Fi Network Operations Engineer
Job Title: Sr. WI-FI Network Operations Engineer
Job Number: 22625
Duration of Contract: 6 Months with potential for extension
Overture Partners client has a current need for a Senior level Wi-Fi Network Operations Engineer
Opportunity Overview :
- Will support all WIFI hardware/software and hand held device issues.
- Responsible for administering applications.
- Will set up alerts, maintain the integrity of all data that is in PRIME as well as work on reporting, and outages.
- Assist with administration of the wireless controllers, wherever they may be deployed.
- Will set up new AP’s in our Staging Area, configuring the AP’s so that they receive an IP Address, download new Software compatible with the Wireless Controllers, record MAC Addresses for Security to be used for the DHCP Server, Labeling the AP’s with correct location.
- Responsible for adding new heat maps into Cisco Prime, loading AP’s into Prime and taking care of Rogue AP’s.
- Perform operational troubleshooting, not only for WIFI, but any network issues.
- Expertise with configuring Cisco Wireless Access Points (AP’s), Cisco Wireless Controllers and Cisco Prime.
- Experience with Cisco ICE
- Expertise with adding heat maps, AP’s and switches into Cisco Prime.
- Expert troubleshooting skills specifically with Enterprise Wi-Fi deployments.
- Expertise in deploying Cisco Wireless, Controllers, and AP’s and switches.
- Preferred expertise with Cisco Networking, including WAN deployments, routing, routing protocols, QoS, TCP/IP and the ability to troubleshoot complex networks.
- Experience with Cisco LAN/WAN network engineering technologies including routers, enterprise class switches, and load balancers
- Minimum 5 years of experience designing, installing, and supporting complex Wireless networks utilizing Cisco Systems hardware.
- Understanding of LAN Switching (L2 -L3) including VLANs, Private VLANs, Trunking, EtherChannel, VTP, and Spanning Tree.
- Network documentation including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Visio.
- Formalized Cisco Wireless training
- Hybrid work environment
- Will be expected to travel to client sites within Massachusetts
Overture Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law.